Kawasaki Rail Car, Inc.
Quality Specialist - Field (Job No. PR-073)
• Review and document accurate non-conformance reports in SAP with necessary supporting documents such as
photographs and dimensions.
• Review product definition, technical and customer specifications to document and determine preliminary disposition
for non-conforming materials.
• Generate necessary reports and coordinate follow-up actions with onsite supplier representatives to investigate and
resolve quality initiatives.
• Represent KRC Quality Dept. to facilitate tracking of rejection cage items and follow up with responsible departments
• Assist in review, development, and implementation of product/process imporvement initiatives to resolve
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact with suppliers and internal teams.
• Works on cross-functional projects/teams to resolve issues and ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
FAI and Supplier Inspection:
• Perform, support First Article Inspection, Pre-shipment Inspection, Supplier Qualification/Process Audits at Suppliers
• Performs Inspections of equipment at Suppliers Facilities to contract drawings.
• Support the collection of data to establish Supplier performance at Pre-shipment Inspection (PSI).
• Perform witness to qualification and routine test and report results with follow up to closure in quality related issues.
• Three years experience in Quality Assurance, manufacturing, engineering in the passenger rail car business,
aerospace, automotive or a closely related field.
• Familiarity with root cause analysis mythology tools such as 5why, Fishbone, and 8D.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Associate's degree in quality or engineering or equivalent.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer and report generating skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Job Location: Greenbelt, MD