Kawasaki Rail Car, Inc.
Deputy Program Manager (Job No. PR-033A)
At the direction of the Project Manager, provides support to the Project Manager as related to project management and its various activities.
The activities include:
1. Correspondence through letters, meeting minutes and memo writing.
2. Interface with customers, U.S. vendors, KRC inter-office departments, KMM and KHI.
3. Address critical issues in the project by providing and executing action plans.
4. Monitor and report schedule status and progress.
5. Attend project and engineering meetings at the Customers, Sub-contractor or Kawasaki sites both nationally and internationally.
6. Prepare and issue a Monthly Progress Report for Customer approval.
7. Maintain a database of all actions and assure follow-up.
8. Act on behalf of the Project Manager in his/her absence.
9. May be required to prepare and maintain the Project Master Schedule with appropriate software applications and training.
1. Excellent communications skills with a minimum of 5 years experience in project management, project engineering or project administration.
2. Bachelor Degree of Engineering or its equivalent. PE Certification a plus.
3. Knowledge and experience in the rail industry or closely related industry.
4. Skilled in meeting management and coordination.
5. Good computer skills.
6. Multiple language skills a plus
Job Location: Yonkers, NY