Kawasaki Rail Car, Inc.
System Integration Engineer
This position plays a major role in resolving engineering issues in the rail car procurement projects. The primary effort is placed on successful subsystem integrations for the rail cars. The position will be required to have understanding in all aspects of the system integration engineering for the assigned systems. Topics managed by this position can relate to System Functions, Functional Interface, Electrical Interface, Mechanical Interface, Asset Management and, Test Equipment. The position will participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
• Identifies technical issues in relation to system design and integration
• Discerns technical problems, plans solution paths, and coordinates tasks with other engineers of various disciplines and suppliers for efficient resolution
• Coordinates technical activities with the project management groups
• Leads technical discussions in design review meetings and manage action items
• Evaluates and may generate, electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, pneumatic diagrams, test procedures, test reports, technical proposals and, other technical documents as required
• Generates official correspondences and track progress
• Provides elevated support for the engineering headquarters located in Japan by providing suggestions, simpler interpretations of the issues for faster responses
• Attends and may facilitate conferences, tests, troubleshooting and, field modifications
• Supports other departments within the company concerning engineering matter in all phases of the projects and the manufacturing
• Any other engineering work as delegated by the authority
• A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or other related engineering or science fields; a Master’s degree is a plus
• Must have three to five years of experience in the rail or closely related industries in the capacity of system designing, system integration or, project engineering
• A Professional Engineer (PE) certification a plus
• Practical knowledge in both electrical and mechanical engineering
• A proactive problem solver on any issue, both technical and non-technical
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent schedule management and task management skills
• A team player
• A strong determination to complete projects which may span for several years
• Able to travel for business to various domestic and international destinations
• Be available outside of the normal business hours when required
• Practical experiences in using the federal regulations and other official standards (e.g. AAR, APTA, IEEE, ASME, EN, MIL, etc.) for the U.S. rail market a plus
• English/Japanese bilingual verbal and written skills at a business level a plus
Job Location: Yonkers, NY
When applying to this position, please include in your cover letter responses to the following questions.
1. What is your primary reason for considering leaving your current job?
2. Why did you find the job opening interesting to you?
3. Which part of our job description do you find most fit to your job skills?
4. Which part of our job description do you find foreign to your job skills?
5. The position requires practical application of knowledge in bot Eletrical and Mechanical engineering.
Explain to us why you think you could conduct the job effectively?
6. Have you written official business letters to clients?
7. Have you given any presentation in a formal meeting?
8. Have you taken any meeting minutes progressively in a formal meeting?
9. Do you have any personal conflict to travel for business for 1 to 3 weeks at a time?
10. If accepted for the position, how soon can you start working for us?