Kawasaki Rail Car, Inc.
Position: Supplier Quality Engineer - Yonkers, NY
The supplier quality engineer (SQE) will demonstrate leadership in communicating quality goals, programs and processes that meet the business need. The SQE is responsible for driving quality for assigned suppliers, including quality improvement plans and supplier development and performance. The SQE will utilize experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others and have the ability effect short-term and some long-term quality goals.
• Lead, manage and develop suppliers performance to meet or exceed quality objectives
• Review product definition, technical and customer specifications to determine disposition of nonconforming materials and drive resolution with suppliers including root cause and corrective action activities
• Analyze data to determine product trends, supplier performance, and take appropriate actions for resolution to percent future re-occurrence
• Lead and conduct supplier performance evaluations, First Article inspections, process/supplier qualification audits and end of items inspections at suppliers
• Provide technical liaison support related to quality and engineering issues
• Lead process development and implementation of product and process improvements internally and with suppliers
• Support QMS and ISO 9001 management activities/ audits as required
*Must comply with company policy and procedures.
*Must comply with published work standards and schedules.
*This is not an inclusive list of job responsibilities
Must have, as applicable, the following:
• 3-5 years’ experience in quality engineering preferably in manufacturing environment
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, a strong background in applying statistical quality control tools for process/product controls, such as SPC, gage R&R, PFMEA, 8-D, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, or Electro Mechanical or related field is required.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision
• Must have excellent presentation, meeting facilitation skills and the ability to interact and communicate with Senior Management, Customers / Supply Chain / Production / Engineering / and Field staff at all levels.
• Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and the ability to travel domestically and abroad.
Job Location: Yonkers, NY