Kawasaki Rail Car, Inc.
• Perform reviews of new project “Request for Quote” for Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and System Safety requirements and develop proposal sections to respond to the stated requirements as well as implementation plans as necessary.
• Prepare necessary Contract Document submittals for Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and System Safety (RAMS) including Reliability Plans, Reliability predictions, Reliability growth plans and reports, maintainability plans, maintainability demonstration plans and reports, Fires Safety Analysis, Safety Hazard Analysis, Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis as required by assigned contracts.
• Participate as Project team member on assigned projects by supporting internal meetings and supporting Project Manager in matters dealing with RAMS.
• Support customer reviews (i.e. Design Reviews, Project Meetings and Warranty Meetings).
•Support implementation of RAMS requirements with vendors throughout design, prototyping, product assembly, demonstration testing and in-service performance.
• Coordinate in-service reporting with customers and vendors such that timely reviews of failures or negative trends are documented and corrected.
• Support customer Failure Review Boards as required. Coordinate vendor input to the meetings when necessary.
• Provide technical liaison between KRC Project Engineering and Warranty Site personnel on matters dealing with Reliability, Maintainability, System Safety and Health.
• Support department manager or assigned project manager in special project as required.
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Engineering. (Master of Science in Engineering is plus)
Five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in support to manufacturing of Rail Cars or other Transportation products (i.e. buses or aircraft) at the prime or vendor level.
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in RAMS Engineering in the Rail Car or Transportation Industry.
Must be able to organize, plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines.
Must have strong communication, presentation, interpersonal and computer skills.
Must be capable of working in both an office and field environment.
Job Location: Yonkers, NY