Kawasaki Rail Car, Inc.
Adminstrative Assistant, Engineering (Job No. OF-029)
Support Engineers by providing administrative assistance.
• Produce business letters as instructed by engineers
• Produce internal Engineering directives as instructed by engineers
• Various data entries and produce reports, in SAP, File Maker Pro, etc.
• Track action items and schedule engineer’s actions
• Follow up with engineers and subcontractors in support of closing open actions
• Release and track documents and drawings based on the internal configuration management rules, and report
status to engineers
• Edit or revise technical documents based on directions from engineers
• Prepare printed documents for engineers
• Write meeting minutes
• Other administrative work as directed by engineers
• Must have a Bachelor's degree or an Associates degree with related experience.
• Must be able to understand directives from engineers
• Must be proficient working with software applications, having a high degree of competence with Microsoft Word
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis in English composition
• Must be organized, detail oriented and be able to effectively multitask
• Experience in manufacturing or engineering industries preferred
• Experience in project-oriented business cycles a plus
• Bilingual skills (verbal and written) in both English and Japanese a plus.
Potential Tasks for the Experienced Administrative Assistant:
• Maintain backlog of tasks and track progress by efficiently sharing the workload with other adminstrative assistants. • Support engineering managers in maintenace of various work procedures.
• Provide guidance to other adminstrative assistants within the department.
Job Location: Yonkers, NY